Thursday, 15 April 2010

Pen-Y-Ghent walk

On 22nd May I will be attempting the Yorkshire Three Peaks walk in the Yorkshire dales with my dad, brother and friends.

It will be a 42 km (26.1 mi) walk with 1.600 m (5,249 ft) of ascent and descent which we expect to take ten hours.

We are currently raising sponsorship money for a friend of my dads, who has been diagnosed with cancer, he will be personally tackling the first peak himself and then meeting us at key points throughout.

To prepare I have been doing several climbs onto the Saddleworth moors, cycling, jogging and most recently a practice climb at Pen-Y-Ghent - the first part of the challenge we are planning to undertake. Here are some images taken by my brother Nathan on the day.





If you would like to sponsor us please email me at arrontierney@hotmail.co.uk to arrange a donation, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment